2021 Canberra JLPT Information
UPDATE: A very limited number of spots remain for each level of the JLPT. The second registration period will open at 9 AM AEST on Monday, 29 March and will run through 5 PM AEST Wednesday 31 March or until all available slots are filled (whichever comes first). If you would like to sit the JLPT in July, please be certain to register early.
2021 Canberra JLPT Registration is now open
As spots are limited to 25 per level, be sure to register early to ensure you are able to sit the exam. Please note that, due to COVID-19, only ACT residents are permitted to register for the Canberra JLPT this year.
The initial registration period will end on 24 March 17:00 AEST or when all available spots are filled, whichever comes first. If there is excess capacity after the initial application period, an additional application period may be instituted. More details can be found at the Japan Foundation website
Special COVID-19 Measures being implemented for 2021 Canberra JLPT
Thank you for your interest in sitting the JLPT. It is our intention to go ahead with the July JLPT in Canberra this year. However, given the uncertainty of the COVID-19 situation, there will be a number of changes to the way the test is run this year. Please understand that, by registering for the Canberra JLPT, you are agreeing to abide by these rules and changes.
- Examinees will be limited to ACT residents. Out of state residents will not be permitted to register for the exam.
- There will be a maximum of 25 examinees per level. These spots will be filled on a rolling basis, so if you are particularly keen to sit the test in July, be sure to sign up early.
- There may be a range of measures in place on exam day, potentially including the required wearing of masks, required use of hand sanitation stations, body temperature check, etc.. Refusal to abide by these measures will result in your exclusion from the exam.
- If you are unwell (coughing, headache, sore throat, fever, headache) on test day, you must not attend the exam. You may be refused entry if you show up to the exam unwell and your test fee will be forfeit.
- The exam may be cancelled at any moment should changes in circumstances require it. In the event of cancellation refunds will be issued according to Japan Foundation policy.
The registration period will run from 11 Feb until 24 March or until all available spots are filled, whichever comes first.
We understand that the limitations on this year’s exam will be disappointing to some, however we ask for your understanding and cooperation in this challenging environment.
Those seeking general information regarding the exam and/or who have non-Canberra specific enquiries should visit the Japan Foundation website linked above.