CANBERRA JLPT COVID SAFETY PLAN
In response to the evolving situation and in accord with ACT and ANU regulations, please see the following rules and requirements for the Canberra JLPT. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the organiser of the exam. These rules will be strictly enforced to ensure the safety of all examinees and staff, as well as the larger community.
To allow additional time for screening measures, check-in will commence at 12:30 pm (instead of 12:40).
- If you are unwell with covid-like symptoms on the day of the exam, do not come to the exam. You will not be permitted to sit the exam. All examinees and staff will be subject to a temperature check before being allowed to sit the exam. Anyone with a temperature over 37.5 degrees will be sent home.
- Examinees who have travelled to affected areas and who are subject to stay-at-home orders should not come to the exam. You will not be allowed to take the test. See the ACT COVID-19 page for details as to who is subject to restrictions.
- All examinees are required to maintain proper physical distancing and proper hand and respiratory hygiene while on site. This is particularly important when standing in line for temperature checks, for exam-room check-in and when using restrooms etc., during breaks. Please be conscious of your surroundings at all times.
- All staff and examinees are required to wear face masks while on site (and while taking the exam). Anyone who wishes to claim an exemption (as per ACT policy) must provide a valid, signed doctor’s note confirming that the examinee’s condition prohibits them from wearing a mask. Examinees under the age of 12 are not required to provide documentation for a mask exemption. Any examinee (without a valid exemption) who refuses to wear a mask, or who repeatedly removes their mask without valid reason, will be sent home.
- All staff and examinees over the age of 16 must be registered via the Check-in CBR app. There will be check-in posters throughout the venue and you will be required to show that you have checked in prior to entering the examination room. If you are unable to use the app, please let the staff know and we will check you in. Any examinee over the age of 16 who refuses to check in and refuses to be checked in will not be permitted to sit the exam.
- Hand sanitiser will be available outside each examination room. All examinees are required to use the hand sanitiser before entry.
These rules may be updated at any time to reflect the changing situation and changing ACT/ANU rules and requirements. These measures may include the complete cancellation of the exam. Please check the ACT COVID-19 website and this page before heading to the exam to ensure you have the latest information.
We understand that these rules and requirements are a considerable inconvenience but they are necessary in order for the exam to take place. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
N3 – 13:00 – 16:10
N4 – 13:00 – 15:45
N5 – 13:00 – 15:20
Questions and/or enquiries specific to the Canberra JLPT should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org